"An article about 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' in a magazine"
Pottermania reaches new heights as the world waits for the 'Half-Blood Prince'.
* The ending of the upcoming book is supposedly so frightening that Rowling said she once had to stop writing because she was getting scared.
* Emma Watson, who plays Hermoine Granger in the Harry Potter movies, often gets her shots in one take so much so that she has been nicknamed 'One-take Watson'.
THE WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
The 16-year old student of Hogwarts is the son of Lily and James Potter, who were killed by You-Know-Who (Voldemort).
His real naem is Tom Marvolo Riddle, which when unscrambled becomes 'I am Lord Voldemort'. He is afraid of Professor Dumbledore and wants to kill Harry.
Dumbledore, with silvery grey hair and half-moon spectacles, is the headmaster at Hogwarts. He favours Harry because he sees Harry's potential to defeat Voldemort.
He is Harry's best friend. Ron has five brothers and a sister and his dad works for the Ministry of Magic.
She is Harry's pal and the smartest person in Gryffindor. Hermione's dentist parents are Muggles (non wizards) and are happy that she is a witch.
HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE (JULY 1997)
Harry Potter is rescued from his awful relatives, the Dursleys, by the giant Hagrid who informs him that he has been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here Harry discovers magic, meets Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger and encounters Lord Voldemort, the most evil wizard of the times.
HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS (JULY 1998)
At Howarts, Harry, Ron and Hermione learn about the Chamber of Secrets, which was built by Salazar Slytherin and believed to house a monster. Harry discovers Tom Riddle's (aka Voldemort) diary in which is preserved his 16-year old memories, which help unlock the Chamber.
HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF ASKABAN (JULY 1999)
Sirius Black, convicted of killing 12 Muggles and a wizard, escapes from Azkaban. Dementors come to Hogwarts to catch him. Harry discovers that Peter Pettigrew betrayed his parents to Voldemort and that Black is his godfather.
HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (JULY 2000)
Harry is in danger as Pettigrew teams up with Voldemort to restore the dark lord to his former glory. Voldemort to restore the dark lord to his former glory. Voldemort tries to kill Harry , but fails. Dumbledore realises he must prepare for a battle with Voldemort.
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (JUNE 2003)
Dumbledore reconstitutes 'The Order of the Phoenix' to fight Voldemort and the Death Eaters, Black is killed in a fight with the Death Eaters. Dumbledore tells Harry that a prophecy made at his birth claimed that only one would survive the battle between Lord Voldemort and him.
HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (JULY 16, 2005)
Rowling and Publisher Bloomsbury are fanatical about not letting slip any hint of the story. Await its release.
* Attended the University of Exeter, England, where she studied French and the classics. As part of her course, she studied for a year in Paris.
* Worked as a Secretary in a Publishing house where her job was to send out rejection letters to prospective authors.
* She worked in Portugal for some time, where she married TV journalist Jorge Arante in 1992. She divorced him after the birth of her first child, Jessica.
* She was so poor when writing Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone that she typed two copies of the manuscript because she could not afford to photocopy it.
* The idea of Harry-a lonely, downtrodden 11-year-old orphan-came to her when she was stuck in a train between Manchester and London. She wrote 10 versions of the first chapter of Philosopher's Stone.
* The book was published in Britain in 1997 and became an instant hit with children and adults alike. It won her many awards including the British Book Awards's Children's Book of the Year.
* A new Harry POtter book appeared every year for the next three years. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (1998). Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban(1999) and Harry POtter and the Goblet of Fire (2000).
* This was followed by two short books: 'Harry Potter's World Quidditch Through the Ages' and 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'.
* In March 2001, she won the Order of the British Empire. The same year she married Dr. Neil Murray and the couple have two children, David Gordon Rowling Murray and Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray.
* He already written the final chapter of the seventh book concluding the Harry Potter series. (She keeps it in a very safe place).
A time capsule, buried in 1999 at King's Cross on the publication of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, contains predictions from children on what they think will happen in book seven.
Did you know the Hogwarts motto is Drago Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus - 'Don't tickle a sleeping dragon' - and Rowling named non-magical people Muggles after the slang 'mug', which means 'fool'.